I just finished a Saxon Cable Infinity Scarf that I have been working on occasionally over the last two years. I am proud of myself. I have a lot to learn, but already I have come to the conclusion that knitting is a lot like life:
1. It takes practice, patience and persistence.
2. Beauty doesn’t happen overnight.
3. Sometimes it is challenging, sometimes things fly by smoothly.
4. Things go better for you if you follow the pattern.
5. Mistakes happen.
6. Some mistakes can’t be changed; just accepted.
7. Depending on your perspective, you’ll either see a tangled mess, or a beautiful pattern.
8. You must stop for the knots and tangles. Sometimes you even may have to cut the yarn completely and reconnect to a healthy strand.
9. As long as you are connected to the yarn, you can keep knitting.
10. When you come to a stumbling block it is always wise to ask for help.
11. It is ok to admire your accomplishments and wear them with pride.
12. There is always a new adventure ahead of you, with endless possibilities to create beauty.