10 Commandments Of A Worrier:
1. I will not despair, because the Lord has promised never to leave me, nor forsake me (Hebrews 13: 5). I will make Him number one in my life and then know that He will protect me.
2. I will not allow things, people or circumstances to become mini-gods over me, controlling my thoughts, feelings and actions. “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6: 33. In this way I will be blessed.
3. I will speak the name of the Lord over every fear in my life. By honoring Him, God will cover me with the joy that makes fears disappear. “In the fear of the Lord, one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.” Proverbs 14: 26 I accept that courage today.
4. The Sabbath is God’s gift to me. My gift to Him comes when I set a day aside to worship Him and rest from all my struggles. ““If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the Lord’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, then you will find your joy in the Lord, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” Isaiah 58: 13-14 I welcome that rest.
5. Despite any failures of my mother and father, I am who I am. I will decide to live at peace with them both, even though I may disagree with their choices from time to time. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Ephesians 6: 2-3 I need any peace I can get; this peace comes with a cracker jack surprise: long life. I’ll take it.
6. I will shield myself from worry, anger and discouragement, for these unhealthy behaviors seek to destroy me. The Lord commands us that we should not kill. This includes our own bodies. I will actively push away these stresses, not allowing them to hurt me. “For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.” Romans 8: 6 I choose life.
7. I will smile at my husband/wife when they drive me crazy. I will try not to forget that God placed them into my life for a purpose. Therefore, I will trust God’s plan, and stay true to the one that God gave me. “He who finds a wife (husband) finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” Proverbs 18:22 May I find that favor today.
8. God wants me to be full of Heavenly joy. I will not steal it from others, or from myself by trying to force it to happen in my fashion, way or time. Every day I will trust the Lord to give me what I need. I do not have to fear the future. “Treasures gained by wickedness do not profit, but righteousness delivers from death.” Proverbs 10: 2 I know that God will take care of me.
9. I will be truthful with myself about my feelings. I need not hold them in, for they will consume me. Instead, I will voice them, gently deal with them and then turn them over to the God who knows my feelings better than I know myself. “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Ephesians 4:29 I will be truthful in all things. This will build me up.
10. I will be happy in the life I have. By comparing my life, possessions and talents to others I will never find contentment. Instead, I will measure myself by God’s ruler. For with Him, I am precious just the way I am.
** “(You are) more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with (you).” Proverbs 3: 15
** “They shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him.” Malachi 3: 17
** “But now, God’s Message,
the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
the One who got you started, Israel:
Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you.
I’ve called your name. You’re mine.
When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place,
it won’t be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That’s how much you mean to me!
That’s how much I love you!
I’d sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.” Isaiah 43: 1-4 The Message (MSG)
When you are tempted to worry remember that Jesus gave his life for YOU. If He was willing to do that, He is definitely going to take care of you NOW. Blessings Meghan