http://www.avictimsjournal.wordpress.com nominated me for this award. She is an awesome person with a wonderful site. Wow, I am deeply honored to be listed along side such awe inspiring people. I started my blog because I felt imprisoned by my silence. I choose to stay in an abusive marriage, and make it work. There are good days and bad. I have leaned on God to do everything I can’t. I trust Him no matter what, yet sometimes I wish that he had arms to truly hug me. This is where I come to Word Press. The friends I have found here really understand me. They hug me with their words. It is them that should get the awards. They are the true heroes. Thank you to all of you who make me what I am. So here I go and answer the questions for the nomination:
Here are the 11 questions asked:
1.What is the best thing about you?
2.What time of day do you blog?
3.How many revisions does it take before you finally publish?
4.Who is/was the most influential person in your life
5.In one word describe yourself
6.Where do you see yourself one year from now?
7.What is your favourite social media?
8.What type of blogs do you follow?
9.What is the motivating factor for you to blog?
10.How would you describe my blog content to someone who has not read it
11.What have you learned about yourself from blogging?
Here are my answers:
1. That because my heart has been broken open, I have so much more room to love people for who they are
2. I blog whenever I can steal my computer back from my kids. They do some of their homeschooling on it.
3. I spend more time picking out a photo that goes with the blog. I love cool sayings. The blog itself is like a sister, sometimes we fight and it doesn’t go smoothly, other times it just fits.
4. My Mom, she put up with abuse, (stayed with my cheating father for over 20 years) and then abandonment. Through it all she stayed close to God. She is a tower of strength to me.
6. A published author!
7. Definitely here, where else can you get ears to listen at any time of the night?
8. I follow blogs that deal with abuse, any kind of abuse, they are my people. I also am interested in people that have written a book and are trying to publish that book, like me. Also I love encouragement, so I have a couple of go to places that cheer me up.
9. I blog because I have felt imprisoned by my silence. I have chosen to stay with my abusive husband. Not many people understand the pressure I live with. Most people just tell me to get out. Yet, I have my reasons for staying, for now, and so I need a place to work through my feelings. Plus, I often feel unloved, invalidated, and unappreciated, here I can fill my empty tanks.
10. Encouraging, Empowering, and Hopeful
11.That there is never enough time in the day to keep up with everyone that I’d like to. So many special people out there.
Rules for accepting the award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
Here are my nominees:
This lady is uplifting others as she struggles with kids and health concerns.
This site is informative and supportive for survivors of abuse.
This is the woman that inspired me to blog. She helps others overcome their depression.
A strong lady indeed. She encourages me when I need it.
A very supportive site, giving voice to survivors of abuse.
Great place about child sexual abuse from resources to healing and understanding.
Focusing on mental health and healing.
A lady reaching for the peace that healing will bring.
A sweet woman who offers hopes of recovery for everyone.
A great site/network for survivors of abuse. Very informative.
A young amazing lady who has a story to tell.
As for the questions, I will leave them the same ’cause I like those questions!
Thank you again and please check out all those awesome people/blogs!