When I turned my computer on today I was surprised to find that I had reached a milestone. I’d love to share my joy with you today. Combining my Facebook account:
and my blog at:
I have reached 1000 followers. I am amazed, and truly blessed that I have such wonderful friends who care about what I have to say. By sharing my voice with others, I hope to dispel the emptiness that many people feel inside. I want to be a mirror that shines light into the dark places in people’s lives.
Thank you for bringing me joy. I pray that I may do the same for you. Thank you and God Bless! Meghan
Few interesting facts about the number 1000:
* 1000 paintings has been a popular internet art project by Swiss artist Sala.
* Thousand is a 1993 techno single song by Moby
* A grand is a slang term in English for one thousand units of a given currency. Several grand can be shortened to G’s.
* The year 1000 was filled with mystery, magicians, monks, warriors and wandering merchants – people who feared an apocalypse and people who had no idea what year it was or what lay beyond the nearest valley.
* One thousand cranes signify healing. When there is a sick person, people fold one thousand Origami cranes by wishing his/her recovery that the number one thousand has a special significance for healing in Japan.
* The diagonal cross is sometimes used as a symbol for Christ, whose name in Greek begins with the Greek letter X. It also stands for the number 1,000 in ancient Greece.
* The ancient Egyptians developed the art of counting to a high degree, but their system of numeration was very crude. For example, the number 1,000 was symbolized by a picture of a lotus flower.
* The Thousand Islands constitute an archipelago of 1,864 islands that straddles the Canada-U.S. border in the Saint Lawrence River.
* A millennium equals 1000 years – the time we will spend in Heaven with Jesus while the New Earth is being recreated.