1. Start each day by being thankful! Beginning your day with a positive attitude sets you in line to receive God’s blessings. Gratitude is an attitude of the heart that shines through your words and actions. Even when you can’t see blessings around you there are still things to be grateful for. This thankfulness opens the way for more blessing to flow in.
2. Read Scripture. The Bible is the most amazing book in the world. It is the number one sold book, in the most languages across the world. It is filled with mystery, romance, adventure, all the good stuff. The coolest thing though, that I have found, is that as you read it, each time it is different. Each time you read a certain passage the Lord unwraps another layer off and helps you see exactly what you need to know at that particular moment. Reading the Bible is one of the greatest ways to directly hear from the Lord. What a blessing this is to talk straight to the King Himself.
3. Actively look for God’s kisses. He sends people, signs, beauty in nature, songs and special messages meant just for us. He is always talking, the question is are we listening?
4. Write down the blessings as they come. By recording them you are really internalizing the fact that they happened, as small as they may be, and that they touched your life. Making a list is also a great way to protect yourself in the future from discouragement. How can one be sad when you have a list of reasons why God loved you in the past and took care of you? Seeing this reminder will help you have faith that the same God who loved you then, will love and take care of you now.
5. Stand where the fruit is falling. If you want blessings to fill your life you need to move yourself in the right position to receive them. This might mean a change is due. You might want to go back to school, polish your resume, or take positive steps to improve your skills. Take action to better your life.
6. Enjoy the detours in life. When things don’t go according to plan and your world seems to wobble a bit more than spin, then look at your situation as a detour from God. Smile at the scenery. Slow down and feel God’s presence. He has plans for you, so sit back and enjoy the ride.
7. Reframe life’s challenges. Look at your negative situations in a different light. Many challenges are blessings in disguise. Challenges make you stronger. They teach you to see your inner strengths and abilities. They open your mind to alternative ways that you might have never considered before. Every challenge holds seeds for unlimited opportunities.
8. Be a blessing to someone else. One of the surest ways to be blessed is to bless others. Drop someone a quick note. Smile, hug and spread cheer. Listen to people and let them know that they are important. Share with them, you may motivate and inspire them to share their new found joys back to you.
9. Communicate your needs. When you ask for help, sharing your dreams and wishes with others it allows others to be God’s helpers. It is ok to ask to be blessed. God may already have someone in mind to help you, but you have to ask first. This includes laying your requests down before the Lord. The Bible says “ask and you shall receive.” So go ahead and ask.
10. Take your eyes off of yourself. When you stop thinking about all you need and place your thoughts on the One who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above what we can ask or think, we become changed individuals. Instead, we focus on the fact that we have a loving creator that wants the best for us. He will provide. All we need to do is put our hands in His and follow Him.